PRODUCT DETAILSAs featured in British Vogue, this simple and chic hand woven bag is ideal for groceries, day to day use or even a trip to the beach.
- Hand woven in rural Bangladesh by women in a female uplift programme, that helps to establish a fair and poverty free society through the economic empowerment of women.
- Made from 100% natural jute, with a red and black stripe.
- Crafted to last. Strong and durable, with reinforced handles.
- Can hold a 13” or 15” laptop.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- Reusable bags are a planet saving alternative to single use carrier bags. Plastic bags require significant amounts of petroleum to create, never biodegrade only break down into small, toxic particles that frequently pollute waterways and other public areas.
Being lightweight many plastic bags travel along rivers and streams and end up out at sea, as a result plastic is now being found in the stomachs of marine species. This is a problem invisible to most of us in our daily lives - yet one which will be causing problems for many decades to come, disrupting food chains and suffocating sea life.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Originally inspired by the plight of the turtle, who fatally mistake plastic bags in the ocean for their favourite food - jelly fish, Turtle Bags established back in 2001 to raise awareness of the effects of plastic waste in the ocean and to offer environmentally friendly reusable bags.
Turtle Bags also support and promote the work of the Marine Conservation Society.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- This bag is made from 100% jute - a sturdy, naturally grown fibre that once woven creates one of the most eco-friendly fabrics in the world. Jute has many advantages as a home textile, it’s super strong and durable, 100% biodegradable and has very low fertiliser and pesticide needs - a perfect alternative to synthetics.
In addition to the well-being of sea creatures and the environment, Turtle Bags is also committed to fair trade practices and ethical supply chains, and are registered with The British Association for Fair Trade Shops & Suppliers.