Timmy's Travel Soap
This Travel Hair and Body Bar is part of Timmy’s natural, sustainable and ethical soap range. Created for hair and body it can be used as shampoo and as a shower soap, perfect for holidays, this two in one product can easily pop in your hand luggage. It has been specially formulated to be antiseptic, anti-fungal and insect repellent.
Other cosmetic bars from our range available here.
- Bar: Travel Soap - Hair and Body
- Minimum weight 95g
- Contains no palm oil, SLS or parabens
- Never tested on animals
- Packaged in 100% recycled and recyclable wrapper - helping you avoid plastic waste
- HOW IT HELPS+
- The next time you go to buy some soap and are confronted by the heady scents and overly bright colours filling the shop’s toiletry shelves, stop for a moment to read the labels. Only 3 ingredients are needed to make soap and the problem arises when the commercial companies replace the naturally moisturising glycerin with a whole host of cheap to produce and potentially harmful chemicals.
Natural soap is full of glycerin which will not cause irritation and will bio-degrade without doing our planet any harm, unlike some of the often hundreds of ingredients found in commercial soap.
Soaps also often contains palm oil. What is the problem with palm oil? Well - an area the size of 300 football pitches an HOUR is cleared in Indonesia and Malaysia to make way for palm oil plantations - devastating local wildlife. This land is home to over 20,000 flowering plant species, 300,000 animal species, trees, and of course Orangutans. It is estimated that 90% of their habitat has been ravaged in the last 20 years due to palm oil production alone. Orangutans are considered, by the Palm Oil Industry, to be getting in the way of profit. Deforestation workers have orders to do whatever they deem necessary to get rid of these ‘pests’, no matter how cruel or inhumane. As a result, they are beaten, run over, buried alive, or set on fire. At this rate, they are likely to be extinct within 12 years, and the rainforest may be completely given over to palm oil production by 2033.
Palm oil is versatile and cheap and therefore found in all sorts, from cosmetics to food, but at what environmental cost? We need to avoid it wherever possible if we have any hopes of securing a future for these endangered creatures, and ourselves.
By supporting companies who choose to work with materials that consider the planet, rather than destroy it, we are sending a very clear message to them and other industry players that this is something we demand, expect, and are willing to pay for. This is turn helps prompt and shift behaviour change within whole sectors to adopt more environmentally friendly practices.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- This soap and cosmetics bar range has been commission by Timmy’s. It’s handcrafted in Yorkshire by master soap makers who put the earth first with everything they do. They are passionate about avoiding animal cruelty and only ever use natural ingredients - you’ll find no SLS or parabens here. A traditional Cold Process method is used, which generates zero by-product, and energy conservation is considered throughout their production processes - pouring, cutting, stamping and packing every bar of natural handmade soap using human power alone.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- Made with a base of castor oil, coconut oil, and olive oil, and blended with Lavender, Lemongrass and Tea Tree and Peppermint essential oils this natural handmade Travel bar also contains Aloe Vera which nourishes, conditions and soothes. We are totally opposed to using harmful preservatives or foaming agents, believing there is simply no need for SLS or parabens. The incredible silky smooth lather our natural handmade soap produces and its long life are completely down to the cold process method and our careful choice of ingredients.