Steel Water Bottle
Our 750ml water bottle is uncomplicated design at its best. It's wide mouth makes for easy filling and drinking, and you can even squeeze a few ice cubes in there to keep your drink cold on those hot days.
- Capacity 750ml
- Height 245mm
- 100% food grade stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe. Do not microwave.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- Plastic is so much part of our lives now and there are many applications where it is incredibly useful, for example, revolutionised the way we store and consume food. With this in mind though, as a society we need to look it’s lifespan a little more carefully. 50% of all plastic produced is used just once (water bottles, coffee cups, food packaging etc), the irony being that after it’s one time use it will take thousands of years to biodegrade. There is now so much of waste packaging that the landfills can’t cope. Some of it is poisonous, and some of it never biodegrades. It can take 450 years for some types of plastic bottle to break down; one type, PET, while recyclable, doesn’t biodegrade AT ALL.
As consumers we can make a choice to limit our use of plastics where it’s just not necessary.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Created by Elephant Box and manufactured in a factory in India that they have strong personal relations with, Elephant box can pride themselves on ensuring that their ethical policy and labour standards are met.
They state “We started Elephant box because we wanted to be part of the solution to the problem of plastic. Our products are tough and durable, reliability is important to us. Our range of reusables will help you to reduce the amount of rubbish that you create. Choose to reuse and be part of the solution, our stuff is built to last: you'll only have to buy it once”.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- These bottles are made from 100% food grade stainless steel which means there will be no staining or odours - giving you a fresh tasting drink every time. Stainless steel is a fab alternative to plastic - it’s the best material to use for carrying and storing food as it’s naturally BPA and phthalate free - which means no harmful chemicals can leach into your food and drink.
So not only is it safe and durable but at the end of its long life it’s 100% recyclable! Not just once, but over and over again - so, unlike plastic it need never end up in landfill or littering our oceans. Why? Because as a material it will never ‘downgrade’ - it can be broken down and remade multiple times without losing its purity. Plastic can be down-cycled just once or twice but then that’s it, into landfill it goes. All stainless steel contains around 60% recycled steel material. It just keeps on giving!