Metal Straws and Brush Set
Ditch regular disposable drinking straws and make the switch to reusable ones today. This set of 4 stainless steel alternatives comes with a special brush for keeping them clean inside too.
We all have a drawer of reusable silverware at home, so why not throw in a few sustainable and eco-friendly drinking straws.
- Length of straws 215mm
- Made from stainless steel
- Thicker than an average straw these are ideal for frozen cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes.
- Suitable for use with hot or cold beverages, can be used time and time again.
- Brush provided to clean them inside.
- Dishwasher safe. Do not microwave.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- Before you know it, it's in your cup, glass or bottle, staring at you right in the face, the disposable plastic straw. The flexible piece of plastic that has accompanied various beverages for decades.
On average, a disposable plastic straw is used for a period of just 20 minutes, and approximately 1 billion disposable plastic drinking straws being used daily. Although longer than the five second lifespan of the stirrer you may use to stir-up your coffee or tea, but 20 minutes is still a mere fraction of the several hundred years it could spend in a landfill. A single straw may seem insignificant, however someone who uses one straw a day, for the next decade, will throw 3,650 individual pieces of plastic into the landfill. There’s also a chance that plastic may get lost along the way and end up in our oceans and seas. Although some disposable straws can be recycled (#2 and #5 plastics), sadly most straws don't get the chance. Disposable straws have routinely been one of the top ten items found on beaches around the world during coastal clean ups. And these are the ones that are found - the others are out at sea causing harm to marine life and polluting our oceans.
Some good news though, there's a solution! Whether you take your own straw or decide to go straw-free the next time you drink or dine out, remember to ask your server to 'hold' the straw. If enough people ask for drinks without disposable straws, servers could decide to ask customers first, before automatically handing them out diverting them all from landfill.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Since March 2013, Ecostrawz have taken pride in providing consumers and businesses around the world with high quality, reusable and stylish drinking straws. Ecostrawz has a mission and that’s to assist the world in reducing it's use and disposal of single-use plastic drinking straws by offering a wide range of sustainable, unique and super stylish alternatives. Ecostrawz attractive product range, manufactured from practical and sustainable materials, drastically helps individuals and businesses all around the world to reduce, and eventually eradicate, their use of harmful plastic straws that are currently endangering our environment.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- These straws are made from high quality, 304 grade stainless steel and make a stylish and healthy alternative to their disposable counterparts. Stainless steel is a fab alternative to plastic - it’s the best material to use for carrying and storing food as it’s naturally BPA and phthalate free - which means no harmful chemicals can leach into your food and drink.
So not only is it safe and durable but at the end of its long life it’s 100% recyclable! Not just once, but over and over again - so, unlike plastic it need never end up in landfill or littering our oceans. Why? Because as a material it will never ‘downgrade’ - it can be broken down and remade multiple times without losing its purity. Plastic can be down-cycled just once or twice but then that’s it, into landfill it goes. All stainless steel contains around 60% recycled steel material. It just keeps on giving!