Mooncup is the original, soft, medical-grade silicone menstrual cup designed by women as the convenient, healthy and eco-friendly alternative to tampons and pads. Available in two sizes.
- Size A (for users over 30 or who have given birth vaginally at any age)
- Size B (for users under 30 who have not given birth vaginally)
- Made to last for years
- Healthy alternative to tampons and pads
- Eliminates the need for disposables
- HOW IT HELPS+
- Every year, in Britain alone, a staggering 1 billion tampons and sanitary towels are used and disposed of – many ending up in the sewerage system. Our current habits serve the large sanitary protection manufacturers very well and the environment very badly.
While we avoid talking about it, many of those towels and tampons, along with their plastic applicators, stay-fresh perfumes and wrappers, are being flushed unthinkingly down the toilet. These then need to be manually fished out of our liquid sewage before it enters treatment plants, and the mounds of leftover sanitary waste are then sent to landfill.
Mooncup is the healthier, greener and cheaper alternative drastically reducing the number of products you’ll use in lifetime from 11,000 to around 5 - freeing you from the monthly trips to the shops it’ll pay for itself after 6-8 months. In addition to this, medical research has found that the pesticides used in growing the cotton for tampons, and the bleach to make them white, can be absorbed into the body.
Your Mooncup is always there, ready - eliminating the need to stockpile different absorbency pads or tampons, and to carry around spares.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Mooncup are proudly ethical, employee owned and award winning. From day one they have had one aim: to make your experience of periods more positive, healthy and eco friendly. Forget monthly disposables and the toxins, bleaches, dyes and single use plastics that come with them, Mooncup is a single sustainable solution that means you’ll never need to buy disposable protection again.
Amazingly Mooncup also offer a unique telephone and email advice service run by medical health professionals, as well as helpful guides and user FAQ’s on their website.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- The Mooncup is made from soft, medical grade silicone, is hypoallergenic and contains no dyes, BPA, bleaches, phthalates, plastic, or toxins. It’s also latex-free so it is safe to use if you have a latex allergy.
Mooncup has always been manufactured in the UK. As well as supporting local manufacturing, the proximity to their factory allows them to be closely involved in the production of your menstrual cup and, of course, means they can maintain a high standard of quality control.