Earl of East Soy Candle - Smoke & Musk
Created by Earl of East London these delicious soy wax candles are lovingly made in their East London studio. Hand poured into beautiful dark amber apothecary jars, these candles emit a warming glow and work well in everyone’s interior.
Smoke & Musk is one of Earl of East’s signature scents. It’s a bespoke blend of green balsam fir, alongside wood smoke and deep, musky patchouli inspired by Big Bear, CA and the great outdoors. Its profile is dark and woody but with a woody-sweetness creating a warm and cosy atmosphere that will give you a sense of being in a cabin in the woods.
- Scent: Smoke & Musk
- Size 170ml
- Up to 40 hours burn time
- Amber glass jar - highly recyclable once clean.
- 3-4 hours maximum is recommended per burn. After each burn, once cool, always trim the wick.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- Soybeans are an environmentally friendly, sustainable and a renewable resource, so by supporting companies who choose materials that consider the planet when creating products, we are sending a very clear message to them and other industry players that this is something we desire, expect, and are willing to pay for. This is turn helps prompt and shift behaviour change within whole sectors to adopt more environmentally friendly practices.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Hand poured in their East London studio, this soy-wax candle range has been made by Earl of East London. Set up as a creative outlet in 2015 by founders Niko Dafkos and Paul Firmin, it has grown into an all-consuming project. They now host regular workshops at their studio where they share their passion and knowledge and teach others the art of candle making.
They state “Our mission is defined in 4 key elements: Curate, Create, Collaborate and Community. All of our scents are created using bespoke blends of the finest botanical fragrances and essential oils. They are made out of non-GMO eco wax, ensuring a clean burn and an excellent scent throw”.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- There are many good reasons for choosing soy wax over paraffin wax when buying candles. Simply put - soy wax is 100% natural and made from pure soy bean oil, a renewable source, but by contrast, paraffin wax is petroleum, which is a nonrenewable source that contains carcinogenic substances. It is therefore not very environmentally friendly or good for our health.
Opting for soy wax means you get more of a ‘clean burn’ - as it releases no known carcinogens - which are absolutely not something we want to be bringing into our homes! In case of spillages - soy wax is biodegradable and cleans up with plain old soap and water.