Leak Proof Snack Pot - 400ml
Ideal for taking snacks to work or school, or for carrying your morning smoothie or yogurt to work, this handy 400ml canister (slightly larger than our 300ml one) can also hold a meal sized portion of soup, curry or stew - and it being airtight and leakproof means you can safely throw it in your bag.
- Airtight and leakproof - great for anything liquid based.
- Holds 400ml
- Diameter 85mm, depth75mm, weight 204g
- 100% food grade stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe. Do not microwave.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- The UK alone produces more than 170m tonnes of waste every year, much of it food packaging. Supermarket food and drink packaging, as well as takeaway containers, are hard to recycle not only because they’re mostly made with mixed materials but also they’re often left covered in food, contaminating batches of recycled ‘pure’ product - resulting in the lot being dumped. In conclusion, a lot of it ends up in landfill.
Manufacturers got us into this mess, and it’s not looking like they’re doing much about it at the moment - so, it’s up to us to help fix it - and here’s how: REUSE and REFILL. Bring your own lunch and snacks rather than rely on the takeout places and also take your own ‘packaging’ to the shops - bring things that you can fill and then refill on your next trip. These tins are so useful when trying to cut down on food packaging waste - they can transport your meals or be taken out on shopping trips and filled with olives, cheese or other treats. If at a deli counter or bulk store simply ask your server to take the tare weight before filling it (so you don’t get charged for the extra weight), and you’ve diverted yet more single use plastic packaging from landfill!
Not only will this eliminate the need for plastic but it’s healthier, and surprisingly cheaper - packing can add on average an extra 20% to the cost of food. As consumers we can make choices to limit our use of plastics where it’s just not necessary.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Created by Elephant Box and manufactured in India, in a factory that they have strong personal relations with, Elephant box can pride themselves on ensuring that their ethical policy and labour standards are met.
They state “We started Elephant box because we wanted to be part of the solution to the problem of plastic. Our products are tough and durable, reliability is important to us. Our range of reusables will help you to reduce the amount of rubbish that you create. Choose to reuse and be part of the solution, our stuff is built to last: you'll only have to buy it once”.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- Being made from 100% food grade stainless steel - these canisters make a stylish and healthy alternative too that smelly old Tupperware you have lurking in the drawer. Stainless steel is a fab alternative to plastic - it’s the best material to use for carrying and storing food as it’s naturally BPA and phthalate free - which means no harmful chemicals can leach into your food and drink. To prevent leaking there is a silicone seal inside the lid which removes easily for washing.
So not only is it safe and durable but at the end of its long life it’s 100% recyclable! Not just once, but over and over again - so, unlike plastic it need never end up in landfill or littering our oceans. Why? Because as a material it doesn't downgrade - it can be broken down and remade multiple times. Plastic can be down-cycled just once or twice but then that’s it, into landfill it goes. All stainless steel contains around 60% recycled steel material. It just keeps on giving!