Recycled Glass Carafe with Tumbler
This sleek and minimal set features a matching tumbler that sits neatly in the head of the carafe and is handmade in Spain from 100% recycled glass. Being both practical and elegant it’s a stylish addition to your bedroom nightstand or, in an effort to stay hydrated throughout the day, is ideal to pop on your desk at work.
- Capacity 900ml
- 22cm by 10cm
- Made from 100% recycled glass
- Stylish and minimal design.
- Hand washing is recommended for this item.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- Modern life just would not be possible without glass. From the bottles that hold our wine to the mirror we brush our teeth in every morning; glass is around us everywhere.
Each family uses an average of 500 glass bottles and jars every year but any glass that is thrown into normal bins goes straight to landfill and will astonishingly never decompose. Every day we throw away tonnes of rubbish, glass being a significant part of this - instead of letting landfills pile up with glass objects that are a threat to wildlife and the environment, we can easily recycle it and use it again!
Every tonne of glass that gets recycled extends the life of our increasingly scarce landfill sites and conserves the British countryside. Every individual can play an active part in conservation by simply recycling all their glass and actively looking for recycled glass when buying. This is the first step to becoming an environmentally active consumer.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Our recycled glass range is made by Jarapa, a family business based in Dorset, who specialise in recycled, up-cycled and natural products. Jarapa have been sourcing and distributing recycled & natural products for over 15 years, and pride themselves on running an ethical and environmentally sound business.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- This carafe and tumbler is made from 100% recycled glass with the highest eco credentials. Glass bottles and jars are 100% recyclable and can be recycled endlessly without any loss in purity or quality. The beauty of glass is that it can be melted down and made into many different forms - everything from drinking glasses to fibre glass that insulates your home. The amount of energy needed to melt recycled glass is considerably less than the energy needed to melt the virgin raw materials used to make new bottles and jars, so from an energy conservation point of view recycling makes total sense. Recycling one bottle can save enough energy to power a television set for one and a half hours!