Bamboo Cotton Buds
These cotton buds are made solely from bamboo and soft cotton, and are therefore 100% biodegradable.
- 100 cotton buds per pack
- Made from bamboo and soft cotton
- 100% biodegradable
- Packaged in recycled cardboard
- HOW IT HELPS+
- As plastic never biodegrades properly every plastic cotton bud or q-tip you have ever used is still sitting in a landfill somewhere, leeching toxins into our soil, water and atmosphere. Alternatively if it was flushed down a toilet it will be swimming about in the ocean, perhaps inside the belly of a fish or bird. We can’t continue to do this - this photo says it all.
These biodegradable cotton buds from Hyrdrophil are such a fantastic alternative, they do exactly the same job as their plastic nemesis but when you’ve finished with these bamboo ones you can simply pop them in your compost bin where nature will take its course.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Hydrophil was set up by three pals in the German city of Hamburg, whose friendship came about after they volunteered for the charity organisation Viva con Agua (who they now donate 10% of their profits too!). Hyrdophil have created and pioneered various water-neutral, vegan and planet friendly products, and their aim is to use them to raise awareness about sustainable consumer behaviour in day-to-day life.
Hydrophil are passionate about everything to do with water and they state: “There are still 780 million people in the world that don’t have free access to drinking water. Also, there are nearly 2.4 billion people that don’t have access to sanitary facilities. We want to do our stint to change that. We don’t want to put any unnecessary harm in the world with our actions. That’s why our products don’t contain animal products and aren’t tested on animals. All our products are fair trade because fair labour deserves a fair wage. Period!”.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on earth. Because it contains naturally-occurring antimicrobial agents, there is no need for fertilisers or pesticides during its cultivation. This bamboo is totally organic and wild. After it is harvested another stalk takes its place and grows to full size within just 2 years — a remarkable growth rate! This bamboo is never watered by humans, no need for artificial irrigation — only natural mountain rain.