Steel Cups Set - 500ml
This set of 4 stainless steel 500ml cups are a great size for trips to the beach, barbecues, parties, and picnics. Made from 100% food grade stainless steel, they nest inside each other making them easy to pack and transport.
Lightweight and durable these cups can be used anywhere; around the home, whilst camping, or at festivals - you name it! Perfect for summer as the addition of a couple of ice cubes will keep this cup cool for a lot longer than it’s plastic alternative.
Want something smaller? Try our 350ml set.
- Height 125mm
- Capacity 500ml
- 100% food grade stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe. Do not microwave.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- In 1950 1.5 million tonnes of plastic was produced world wide. That is just a drop in the ocean compared to the 300 million tonnes we now produce each year - and that number is set to keep on getting bigger as we continue to purchase ‘disposable’ goods.
The reality of the worldwide problem with convenience culture is a such - waste plastic can get washed into our rivers and eventually our seas, congregating in colossal garbage gyres in our oceans. Getting mistaken for food this gets eaten by plankton, marine life and fish - and after being ingested by them - it’ll quite possibly reach our plates too. Officially gross! Indeed, as Rachelle Strauss (ZeroWasteWeek pioneer) says, “We never actually throw anything ‘away’ – it’s really just put somewhere else” and sadly as plastic doesn’t ‘go away’ or biodegrade - we are stuck with it forever. The convenience of plastic as a material is no longer defensible, and as consumers, we can make a choice to limit our use of plastics where it’s just not necessary.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Created by Elephant Box and manufactured in a factory in India that they have strong personal relations with, Elephant box can pride themselves on ensuring that their ethical policy and labour standards are met.
They state “We started Elephant box because we wanted to be part of the solution to the problem of plastic. Our products are tough and durable, reliability is important to us. Our range of reusables will help you to reduce the amount of rubbish that you create. Choose to reuse and be part of the solution, our stuff is built to last: you'll only have to buy it once”.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- Being made from 100% food grade stainless steel - these cups make a stylish and healthy alternative to their disposable counterparts. Stainless steel is a fab alternative to plastic - it’s the best material to use for carrying and storing food as it’s naturally BPA and phthalate free - which means no harmful chemicals can leach into your food and drink.
So not only is it safe and durable but at the end of its long life it’s 100% recyclable! Not just once, but over and over again - so, unlike plastic it need never end up in landfill or littering our oceans. Why? Because as a material it doesn't downgrade. It can be broken down and remade multiple times. Plastic can be down-cycled just once or twice but then that’s it, into landfill it goes. All stainless steel contains around 60% recycled steel material. It just keeps on giving!