Recycled Wool Blanket
Made in Wales, these blankets are crafted from 100% recycled wool meaning each one is different, making them all beautifully unique. This traditional style blanket can be used for picnics or as a cosy rug snuggling up at home.
- Available in two sizes: 120cm by 150cm, and 150cm by 183cm
- Made from 100% recycled wool
- Each one is unique
- Cold wash only. Do not spin.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- These blankets are made from the wool which is left over after the production of virgin wool blankets in the Tweedmill factory. By us as customers supporting companies when they actively choose to tackle the wasteful byproducts that come from their manufacturing processes, we send a very clear message to them and other industry players. It powerfully states that we are willing to pay if they can successfully turn their byproduct it into something functional and desirable, rather than them simply write it off as waste and bin it. This, in turn, helps promote and shift behaviour changes within industries.
We must never underestimate the power of our pounds - companies make changes because customers demand it. Bea Johnson (green pioneer and author of Zero Waste Home) says: "The most important thing is to understand the power of buying, every time you buy, that's a vote. You have the power to support a practice that is either sustainable or not”.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- These are made by Tweedmill Textiles who are based in the historic town of Flint, Wales. They are situated on the edge of the River Dee, next to the castle, and say their location inspires them daily to create their classic tweeds. They have been producing high quality textiles for over 40 years and sell a vast collection of throws, cushions and picnic rugs.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- These blankets come from the Tweedmills ‘Random Recycled’ range. To keep waste to a minimum in their factory Tweedmills take the ‘shoddy’ wool, which is the wool left over from the production of virgin wool blankets, and use it to create this range, successfully diverting the waste from landfill. The wool is the same quality but the colours will vary as these blankets are not produced to a fixed design. As a result of this, each one is different - which we think makes them all the more special!