These classically simple domestic scissors are hand made in Sheffield using traditional skills passed down from generation to generation. Quality through and through - never be without a reliable pair of sharp, strong scissors.
A time-honoured design these are a must for every household, ideal as a housewarming present these can tackle everyday tasks, crafting and general office use, and will be used and cherished for a very long time.
- Overall length 7”
- Made from hot-forged stainless steel.
- Polished ‘bright steel’ blades.
- Hardwearing and made to last.
- Keep away from moisture. Steam and humidity can cause damage through corrosion.
- Do not microwave. Not suitable for dishwashers.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- There is a lot of talk about reducing consumption, buying less and choosing better quality products. Sadly it’s true what they say, “they don’t make ’em like they used to”, whether you’re referring to electronics, clothing or furniture. Our high streets are flooded with imported, cheap and shoddy goods and those who would like to avoid these, rather than spend their lives constantly updating and replacing them, often find themselves at a loss, swimming in a sea of temporary rubbish, trying to find the rare ‘good stuff’.
Well, these scissors are IT, a proper quality investment. The purchase of a pair of W.Whitley & Sons scissors could save you buying a new ‘cheap’ pair every year. As well as the exceptional blades the other additional features mean you don’t need a drawer full of naff gadgets - these scissors are truly multifunctional.
Investing in quality means you know that your products are well made, they won’t let you down, and ultimately that’s better for our planet. Buying short-term items means landfill and pollution, rather than the enjoyment that comes with the reliability of things that are built to last.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- These scissors are handmade in Sheffield - the birthplace of stainless steel - by William Whiteley & Sons, scissor makers since 1760, or for at least 11 generations. With over 250 standard patterns covering all uses from general household to tailors shears to hairdressing scissors, they are exceptionally committed to the art of scissor manufacture, and are rightly proud to maintain a tradition for quality stretching back 250 years.
Even now the company remains at the forefront of scissor invention, innovation and production and in recent times the quality of their products has been endorsed and recommended by prestigious organisations such as the Ministry of Defence.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- Unlike the alternative plastic and metal mixed material scissors available on the high street these scissors are made from 100% high quality hot-forged stainless steel. Great care is taken to finish all the surfaces, particularly inside the "Bows" to achieve maximum comfort of use. It takes 24 procedures to make each pair and, though it is an expensive process, it produces a high quality scissor with excellent grain structure and hardness meaning a quality product that will last a lifetime.
Not only is stainless steel easy to maintain, hard and durable but at the end of its long life, it’s 100% recyclable! Not just once, but over and over again - so, unlike the mixed material scissors that can’t be recycled these need never end up in landfill. Why? Because as a material stainless steel doesn't downgrade. It can be broken down and remade multiple times. It just keeps on giving!