String Tote - Long Handles
Don’t pay 5p for an ugly plastic carrier when we have this totally classic, traditional string shopping bag - just like your Nana used to use!
A gorgeous and gentle alternative to the supermarket plastic bag. Strong and small it’s perfect for keeping in your pocket or bag ready to pop out when needed.
- Long handles - carried like a tote bag
- 100% organic cotton
- Made in India in an ethically-managed environment
- Crafted to last and super strong, it can hold up to 40kg!
- Machine washable (wash in cold water, dry naturally to avoid shrinking)
- HOW IT HELPS+
- Reusable bags are a planet saving alternative to single use carrier bags. Plastic bags require significant amounts of petroleum to create, never biodegrade only break down into small, toxic particles that frequently pollute waterways and other public areas.
Being lightweight many plastic bags travel along rivers and streams and end up out at sea, as a result plastic is now being found in the stomachs of marine species. This is a problem invisible to most of us in our daily lives - yet one which will be causing problems for many decades to come, disrupting food chains and suffocating sea life.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Originally inspired by the plight of the turtle, who fatally mistake plastic bags in the ocean for their favourite food - jelly fish, Turtle Bags established back in 2001 to raise awareness of the effects of plastic waste in the ocean and to offer environmentally friendly reusable bags.
Turtle Bags also support and promote the work of the Marine Conservation Society.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- Made from 100% organic, natural cotton in India, in an ethically-managed environment. Wonderfully, being made from natural fibres means this bag is fully biodegradable at the end of it’s life.
In addition to the well-being of sea creatures and the environment, Turtle Bags is also committed to fair trade practices and ethical supply chains, and are registered with The British Association for Fair Trade Shops & Suppliers.