Tiffin Tin - Circular
This stainless steel lunch box is ideal for taking an 'on-the-go' lunch, or fruit and snacks, to work. It’s been designed to encourage re-use helping you to generate less plastic waste and reduce your environmental impact.
Please note that because the lid does not have a plastic seal, there could be some leakage if used with very wet foods.
- 100% food grade stainless steel
- Made responsibly in India
- Weight 300g
- Dimensions of lunchbox top layer 13cm dia. x 5cm (500ml), bottom layer 13cm dia. x 4.5cm (300ml)
- Total capacity 800ml - 13cm dia. x 8cm
- Dishwasher safe. Do not microwave.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- The UK alone produces more than 170m tonnes of waste every year, much of it food packaging. Supermarket food and drink packaging, as well as takeaway containers, are hard to recycle not only because they’re mostly made with mixed materials but also they’re often left covered in food, contaminating batches of recycled ‘pure’ product - resulting in the lot being dumped. In conclusion, a lot of it ends up in landfill.
Manufacturers got us into this mess, and it’s not looking like they’re doing much about it at the moment - so, it’s up to us to help fix it - and here’s how: REUSE and REFILL. Bring your own lunch and snacks rather than relying on takeout places and also take your own ‘packaging’ to the shops - bring along things that you can refill instead of utilising disposable plastic packaging. These tins are so useful when trying to cut down on food packaging waste - they can transport your meals or be taken out on shopping trips and filled with olives, cheese or other treats. If at a deli counter or bulk store simply ask your server to take the tare weight before filling it (so you don’t get charged for the extra weight), and you’ve diverted yet more single use plastic packaging from landfill!
- WHO MADE THIS+
- Not only will this eliminate the need for plastic but it’s healthier, and surprisingly cheaper - packaging can add on average an extra 20% to the cost of food. As consumers we can make choices to limit our use of plastics where it’s just not necessary.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- Made responsibly in India, the A Slice of Green range is designed and distributed by Green Pioneer Ltd who are based in the middle of the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
They state “In recent years many consumers have become aware of the impact of the disposable culture we live in and want to try and live a more sustainable lifestyle. A Slice of Green was designed to offer these consumers a stylish range of reusable products that can help them work towards this”. Their goal is that consumers will collect a range of their products, giving them a ‘tool-kit’ to pack and transport healthy, homemade food and drinks.