Designed for pure drinking pleasure on the go, this reusable coffee cup from KeepCup is a sleek, stylish and sustainable way to grab your daily caffeine fix.
- Holds 12oz/340ml - a large/tall in coffee shop cup sizes
- Cork insulation band is made of waste cork from the wine industry.
- Not suitable for dishwashers. Hand wash gently for best results - do not remove the delicate cork band, over time the cork will form a tight bond to the glass cup.
- Do not microwave.
- Caution – this is designed to replace the disposable coffee shop cup so, just like those, this isn’t bag-proof.
- HOW IT HELPS+
- According to the latest statistics the UK throws away around two to three billion disposable cups a year! The cup from every take-out coffee you have ever had is probably still sitting in a landfill.
You may have assumed these are recyclable - because hey, why wouldn’t they be, they’re made out of paper aren’t they? In fact the recyclable paper bit is trapped under a film of plastic lining that stops the drink from making the paper cup soggy. It’s so difficult to remove this lining and get to the recyclable bit that only a very tiny number of specialised plants can do it - therefore, sadly, most go straight to landfill.
- WHO MADE THIS+
- KeepCup was started in Australia in 2008 by a cafe owning sister and brother team. They saw first hand the problematic waste that disposable coffee cups created daily. They had a simple idea - design and make a barista standard reusable cup so people can enjoy better coffee on the go. The KeepCup was born and since then they have diverted millions and millions of disposable cups from landfill and have pioneered the reuse revolution.
- WHAT IT'S MADE FROM + WHY+
- This cup is made from soda lime glass– not unbreakable, but surprisingly durable.
The cork used in the insulation band is grown sustainably in the ancient cork oak forests of Portugal, and manufactured using waste byproduct from the wine cork industry. Being a natural product, cork is delicate and we recommend that you do not remove the band, even for washing.
Cork has unmatched environmental credentials - it’s light, biodegradable, antibacterial and is an incredible insulator. Furthermore, it also has great aesthetic qualities - it’s lovely to feel and hold, and most importantly it can be composted at the end of it’s life.
The KeepCup team have researched their plastics with great care and are watching the plastics space carefully, in the meantime they continue to choose to work with Polypropylene as it is the most widely recycled plastic in the world. Vegetable based plastics are not without sourcing issues and are too unstable for repeated use with hot liquid. The cup and all its components are BPA and BPS free and if deconstructed - the lid and plug can be recycled simply through your household recycling system. Spare parts available from the KeepCup website.